Who knew that granola bars were so easy to make? I decided to try my hand at them for BK's weekday breakfasts and they turned out great. It's a cost friendly and healthier (you know what all goes in it) breakfast or anytime snack!
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups rice krispy cereal
- 1 cup of your favorite mix ins (I used coconut flakes, raisins, cashews and slivered almonds)
- melt peanut butter, honey and brown sugar
- place dry ingredients in a shallow bowl and add the pb/honey mixture
- mix well
- line a 9x13 pan with wax paper and press mixture into shape
- let cool and cut into bars
It's such a basic recipe--I definitely recommend the rice krispy/oats mix so you get some crunch. We'll be experimenting with different mix ins, some healthier like flax seeds, wheat germ, different dried fruits and nuts and some more indulgent--like chocolate chips!