Friday, June 17, 2011

Favorite Friday Recipe: Orzo pasta


I love the tiny grains of orzo pasta and this dish is a great accompaniment to some grilled fish or steak and is satisfying on its own as well.  I looked up various orzo recipes and then kind of used what I had in the house to make it work.  Here's what I remember...

Orzo Pasta

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup dry orzo
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 sweet onion
  • 1/2 bag of spinach
  • cherry tomatoes (as many as you'd like, ours came from our garden!)
  • Parmesan cheese

Directions:
  • Bring water to a boil and cook orzo, drain when al dente
  • In a separate saucepan, sautee minced garlic and onion in olive oil
  • Add in cooked orzo and spinach until wilted
  • Add cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste (I may have added in a bit of truffle oil and salt)
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment