Friday, May 3, 2013

Favorite Friday Recipe: Curry Puffs


So in Singapore we have these delicious pastries called "curry puffs"--which is really quite self-explanatory--they are little puffs of pastry filled with curry.  Well imagine my surprise when I  learned from my good friend A that they are actually called samosas!  Granted, the Singaporean versions are still a little different in terms of the dough and especially the surprise slice of hard boiled egg in them (my favorite!).  I had some leftover curry this week and decided to mash up the potatoes, boil some eggs and bake them all in puff pastry (easy way out).  They were sooooo delicious and reminded me of great memories of buying these from Old Chang Kee and eating them as an after school snack with my dad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment