This recipe is for my friend Suz who is currently on a great northwest adventure! The northwest is at the top of the list for a visit soon and when we do, we'll be sure to visit a Cafe Yumm, most famous for their yumm sauce. It's a bit difficult to describe--sort of a creamy, tangy sauce with a hint of curry that goes well in rice bowls, on wraps, drizzled on salads or used to dip your veggies. Here I assembled a bowl of brown rice, tomatoes, avocadoes, olives and grilled chicken topped with homemade yumm sauce.
Yumm Sauce adapted from this recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup cooked soybeans or 1/3 cup tofu
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Blend all of the above
- Use generously on your favorite foods!