Friday, January 30, 2015

Nursery

Ya'll I had a baby. 


So that's my explanation for a looooong hiatus from blogging.  And will be my continued excuse for the spotty blogging from here on out :)

Wanted to share some nursery pics that I posted on the other blog.  I'll just cut and paste here if you're feeling too lazy to click ;)


Here are a few pictures from Stella's room!  There's not really a theme, rather we just began filling it with things that we loved or had special memories to us.  We recycled a lot of the furniture (the Ikea malm dresser was in our room before, as well as the little desk and chair), the recliner came from the Salvation Army and the pouf from the living room.  So really the only new pieces are the crib (Ikea again) and rug (Land of Nod)

Our most expensive splurge was the canvas above the crib from local artist Caroline Wright.  I saw the print online and just loved it and then got to meet Caroline in person at her studio as well.  Since it was the only thing I loved for the nursery and I was 7 months pregnant at the time, I think BK just let me get it so we could get moving on fixing up the room.  That said, I still love it and I hope that one day Stella will want to take it (and me) with her to college. 


A few other fun details:  we loved the 2013 calendar travel theme from Rifle Paper Company and framed our favorite destinations for the large wall.  BK painstakingly matched the colors and painted the frames.  The little bird growth chart is so precious and it's been fun marking her progress.  For Stella's first birthday, I ordered a specially made cuddling bunny from the Polka Dot Club and have been pushing it on her as a lovey.  Some days she looks for the bunny and kisses it sweetly and other days I find her dangling it over the crib in a mildly threatening way so I guess time will tell.


The owl clock is of course by George Nelson and I have such memories staring at that clock in the early days using it to time our nursing sessions.  In our little recliner nook, we framed two pictures of Link and Kirby from k9artgallery.  They aren't exactly pictures of Link and Kirby but it does look remarkably like them and I cannot tell you how many times Stella's eyes will light up and she'll say her word for doggie when she sees these pictures.  Totally worth it.  And lastly, the little baba sheep painting was made by BK and his mom was he was little and Stella loves batting at the wool felt sheep as we try to wrangle her diaper on and off.  

Thanks for letting me share!  Hope you enjoyed a little look into one of our favorite rooms in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment