Friday, January 28, 2011

Favorite Friday Recipe: Truffle butter pasta

Thanks to Sydney, I am now obsessed with truffles (of the fungi variety, though I do love the chocolate kind as well).  She tipped me off to this amazing truffle butter at Costco and I've been consuming it in alarming quantities ever since.  I knew I had to convert B if I was to continue this obsession, so I carefully planned and plotted his first introduction to these little morsels.  I chose an Ina Garten recipe and added chicken for his carnivorous palate as well as his other favorites: mushrooms and broccoli. 

Truffle butter pasta
(original recipe can be found above, I tweaked the recipe below)

Ingredients:
  • kosher salt
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 3 ounces white truffle butter (I used black truffle butter)
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 (8oz) package pasta of your choice (I found some fancy tri color pasta on clearance at the grocery store and wow it was delicious!  I just might splurge every once in a while!)
  • 3 ounces shaved Parmesan 
  • chicken or whatever protein of your choosing
  • mushrooms
  • broccoli or whatever vegetable of your choosing

Directions: 
  • add 1 tablespoon salt to a large pot of water and bring to a boil, cook pasta as directed
  • in a saucepan, simmer cream over medium heat
  • swirl in truffle butter, black pepper and salt over low heat
  • add drained pasta to the cream sauce and use up to 1/2 cup pasta water to keep pasta creamy
  • mix in your cooked chicken, mushrooms, and vegetables
  • serve in shallow bowls and sprinkle Parmesan on top

This is a really simple recipe and it takes 15 minutes tops to put the pasta together (additional time if you're cooking the protein and veggies).  I roasted the broccoli in the oven for this dish and it was amazing--will share the recipe next week!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious. Thanks for posting the recipe. Mostly thank you for posting the picture, that is what will spur me to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks WONDERFUL! We need to get our hands on a real truffle.

    ReplyDelete