Monday, February 21, 2011

Vintage Monday: Printer's letterpress wood block drawer


I've always wanted a printer's drawer and came upon this one at an antique store clearance sale.  It was housing antique perfume bottles and I didn't recognize it at first, but when I did, I swiftly removed all the bottles and took off with the drawer to the cashier.  I was mentally tallying just how much I would pay for this in my head while waiting for the owner to tell me how much it cost and could barely conceal my glee when it rang up for under $10!  Score!


Here's what these drawers originally held: letterpress woodblock letters

I haven't yet figured out what I'd like to do with mine.  I've seen these drawers used as jewelry holders, shadowboxes for little knick knacks or just to organize loose odds and ends.


 Love the drawer pull hardware

 And here's the script that was originally stored in here!

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with this. My mom had one when we were kids. She filled it with tiny knickknacks. I always loved looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I have been looking for one similar for ages to hold jewelry. Ten bucks!!

    ReplyDelete