Thursday, May 26, 2011

DIY: A new (to us) mirror!


We found this mirror dated from the 50's at an auction and repainted it a yellow gold.  It's a pretty hefty weight so B reinforced the back with screws and bolts and wires using calculations of dimensions and weight (it's mysterious to me all what that involves) and then put it up in the living room.  I'm a bit undecided on the placement, it feels too high, but our ceilings are high as well and it's such a large space to fill.  We'll leave it there for now but won't have much trouble finding another place for it in the house if we do change our minds.  It's a great piece and I especially adore the curved details!


1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure we have that exact mirror! I have it propped up in the guest room because we were too lazy to reinforce anything.

    ReplyDelete