I was in charge of this month's flowers and chose hydrangeas, this time in a lovely antique purple. I love them b/c the blossoms make a big impact and there's not really much arranging to be done!
A tip on prolonging the life of your hydrangeas (so they do not wilt as quickly or this method can also be used to revive wilted blossoms):
- Fill a vase with room temperature water
- Heat up some water close to boiling in the microwave in a separate glass or bowl
- When cutting the hydrangeas, figure out how tall you want them to be in your vase, then snip them with kitchen shears, always right before a nub on its stem
- Place the newly cut stem in the hot water for 20-30 seconds
- Then put them in the vase with room temp water
- Enjoy! Mine have lasted close to two weeks with this method.