Monday, November 15, 2010

Vintage Monday: Cobalt blue bottles

 I love the rich cobalt blue of these bottles and am always picking them up at thrift stores or estate sales.  They remind me of old Vicks bottles.  Here they are sitting on my kitchen windowsill...



 And what are the little figures to the right of them?  An adorable whale and penguin we found at a cute little store in Fredericksburg in matching cobalt glass as well.  The details on them are so awesome for such miniature figurines!


Sorry for the absence of posts lately.  I've been rather blue since daylight savings time.  I must hail from the bear family as all I want to do is get out of the cold and hibernate!  It also doesn't help that it gets dark after 5:30pm so by the time I get home, all the light is gone to take any good pictures of recent recipes or vintage finds.  We hit the Pyrex jackpost this past weekend so I will try to get pictures as soon as I can!

1 comment:

  1. I love blue bottles! Yes, the daylight savings is killing the light, and that's having a big impact on us. We shot a wedding on Saturday, were there the whole day and got home exhausted like usual, only to see that it was only 9:30! (Ok, I suppose that's actually one of the good things about daylight savings. Nevermind.)

    ReplyDelete