Sunday mornings are my favorite time to try out new breakfast recipes and today I attempted these delicious popovers from Tasty Kitchen. B was a bit suspect after he looked in the oven as they did resemble my dutch babies. However, the ratio of flour to eggs is greater so they turn out light and fluffy with a warm, sort of custard-y filling when you break them open. Perfect with jam, nutella (B's choice), or slathered with more butter and creamed honey (my choice). A lovely breakfast to start the day!
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 whole Eggs
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp honey
- Put eggs in blender and mix for several seconds until light
- Add melted butter/honey, milk, sugar, salt and flour and blend for several seconds
- Coat 12 muffin pan with butter and fill cups 3/4 of the way full
- Bake for 20-25 min until puffed and golden brown on top
- Take out and serve warm with your spread of choice!