Sunday, July 11, 2010

An extended day in paradise

The vacation gods smiled down on us and we were given an extra day (well really just 14 hours) more to spend on the island. After 5 hours in the tiny airport (with no a/c), it was determined that our flight was canceled. When the announcement was made, B and I made a mad dash to get reticketed and we got put up at the Alexandria, an awesome resort on Grace Bay. We immediately got into a cab, checked into our suite and rummaged through our luggage for our swimsuits, determined to enjoy one more dip in the ocean.

Everything went smoothly for our trip back today and while it's nice to be home and with the pups, we're still missing our home away from home...



And of course, the view...



Incidentally the internet gods (or the google gods) disabled my account (email, blog, documents etc) because it was hacked into on Friday. In order to verify that I was in fact, me, I had to wait until getting back into the US before regaining access (and then having to go through and delete 500 or so spam messages the hackers had sent out from my account--if you got one--sorry!). Even though I suffered from email withdrawal, ultimately this was a good thing and helped me savor the last bit of vacation. And it'll allow me to relive everything as I have plenty to post about for the next week!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home safe and sound. Sorry about the vacation let down that will be waiting for you this week. Maybe posting all the great pics will help. Looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine how much you miss that view and the beautiful ocean. Glad to hear you had a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete