Monday, July 19, 2010

Vintage Monday: Fire King polka dot mixing bowls

A while ago, I got an email from the lovely R over at The Reluctant Floridan that said "Do you collect Fire King?"

Several thoughts ran through my mind:
  • "Do I love cake?"
  • "Do I enjoy afternoon naps?"
  • "Do I love snuggling my puppies?"
  • "Do I like rummaging through thrift shops?"
  • "Do I want to eat dessert first?"
All of these questions (as well as R's original one) can be answered with a resounding YES!

So through R's generosity and the post office, these beauties made their way from Florida to Texas and now have a new home in my kitchen.  I love love Pyrex and am especially enamored by this polka dot pattern.  For this picture I dressed the bowls up with some fresh corn and blueberries to celebrate summer.  Thank you so much R!

3 comments:

  1. wow, I'm damn jealz of these! I think the polka dot pattern will be my holy grail. I hope I come across it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for the shout-out! They couldn't have gone to a better home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The polka dots are so sweet. I love your aesthetic. The retro modern things are so at home in your home.

    ReplyDelete