These are so tasty and perfect for a summer treat!
Recipe from Southern Living Farmers Market via Steamy Kitchen
- 10 large fresh strawberries
- 20 caramels
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mixed nuts like peanuts or slivered almonds (I used cashews and almonds)
- Wax paper
- Soak strawberries in an ice bath for 5 minutes to restore their perky leaves (I skipped this step and actually just cut the stems off)
- Pat strawberries completely dry with paper towels
- Microwave caramels, whipping cream, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring at 1-minute intervals.
- Dip each strawberry halfway into caramel mixture. Roll in nuts, and place on lightly greased wax paper. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 8 hours.