Friday, April 23, 2010

Favorite Friday Recipe: Cheddar crackers

Having cheese as an ingredient is a main criteria for anything B loves to eat.  So when I happened upon this recipe for cheddar crackers I thought it'd be perfect for him--he especially loves to add these to his homemade chex mix.  The recipe originates here and there are some better pictures here.

The above is a picture of my first attempt--they turned out pretty well.  Next time I'll roll the dough even thinner and hope they puff up even more.  You can really taste the baked cheddar in these and they're so flavorful you don't really need many to feel satisfied.  That's what I love the most about cooking/baking with whole ingredients--you're putting good stuff in so your body doesn't have to figure out what to do with chemicals or other artificial stuff. (although I would be hard pressed to give up Twizzlers, red dye and all)

No comments:

Post a Comment