Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wreath of the month: April


I think I was overly ambitious when I started my wreath of the month project.  I might have had better luck if I just chose to make a wreath each season instead.  So in compromise I've decided to tweak my project a bit to become a wreath every other month instead.  And then next year I'll complete the missing months as needed.  Whew. 

So in honor of Easter and all things spring this month, I chose to make an egg wreath.  Coincidentally it also was the easiest wreath I've made so far and all I needed were some pastel eggs (nicely speckled from Joann's), a grapevine wreath, and a hot glue gun.  My kind of project.


The breakdown:
  • Grapevine wreath: $3 (at Joanns)
  • 2 boxes of speckled pastel eggs: $8 (50% on sale at Joanns and well worth it)
  • Hot glue gun and glue sticks: free
  • Total cost: $11
  • Total time: 10 min to make, 24 days to gather up the resolve to actually get the materials and get started
The final product:

Oh and here is where the wreaths I make usually hang--by the back door that leads into the garage.  That way we get to admire it each time we leave the house!


No comments:

Post a Comment