Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Best pancakes ever!

While back in Chattanooga, we went to Aretha Frankensteins, a small diner in a quaint neighborhood that is famed for its breakfast food and slow service.  M got the shrimp and grits and my niece and I shared the famous buttermilk pancakes.  They were amazing--enormous, but height wise as they were so fluffy.  Check 'em out:


And thankfully they now sell the mix so that you can make your own at home!  I heard the pancake angels sing when I spotted this mix.  I suddenly felt hopeful about tackling pancakes.  I am truly horrendous at making them.  They burn or aren't done in the middle or just taste bland, much to the supreme disappointment of B who holds a special place in his heart for his mother's pancakes.  Now, thanks to this mix, they at least taste amazing.  I just have to figure out now how to get them tall and fluffy and cooked in the middle.  Would a griddle and maybe a pancake ring (if such a thing exists?) help you think?

3 comments:

  1. Those look sooooo good! I never make pancakes, so I am no help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH has a great pancake recipe. They don't come out that tall and fluffy though! Those pancakes look so delicious and I'm writing this before I've eaten breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to figure out the same thing. Closest I've gotten is baking them in a small cake pan in the oven

    ReplyDelete