Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wishlist Wednesday: AA Miles


I am currently 12,000 miles from re qualifying for Platinum status on American Airlines.  They can't be bought as only actually flown BIS (butt in seat) miles count towards your status.  Part of me thinks c'est la vie.  And the other part of me is lured by the luxury of free baggage fees, priority boarding and upgrades and international lounge access.  Another huge perk is that you get double the miles flown which equals a big trip to Europe or using them to have family visit.  I'm thinking of setting up a mileage run, something that only true fanatics attempt.  I like how this blogger describes why he does mileage runs and he even has a FAQ page as well.  I've got till the end of the year to decide and plan!

1 comment:

  1. This is really cool. I just read that other blog and I am intrigued. I currently don't earn miles for anything..... Maybe I should change that.

    ReplyDelete