Friday, October 1, 2010

Favorite Friday Recipe: Crab rolls


I'll never forget the day I had my first lobster roll in Boston.  It was so so good and I've been trying to recreate my own poor woman's version of it ever since.

Crab rolls
Ingredients and directions:
  • Take your lump crab meat (still expensive but not $$$$ like lobster!)
  • Add a bit of mayo (I can't bring myself to put in as much as I should)
  • Put in chopped up bits of celery and spring onion
  • Mix lightly and then sprinkle to taste with Cajun seasoning
  • Butter and brown your buns on the stove (this is crucial)
  • You can line your buns with bibb lettuce, maybe some sliced tomatoes if you want to get some nutrition in there
  • Then scoop heaping spoonfuls of the crab meat mixture onto the bun (we like to eat ours open faced so we can get more of the good stuff!)
  • Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I had a lobster roll when out for lunch earlier this week and I fell in love. Thank you for the lower cost option to make at home!

    ReplyDelete