This recipe was recommended by one of the gals on Fashionism. I figured it was a good way to try to sneak vegetables into B's breakfast (except for the fact that you could see some of the green peel that I missed while grating). It turned out really well and tasted very much like banana bread. I loved the addition of raisins in it as well.
Non-dairy zucchini cake/bread
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 2 cups of shredded zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini, grated finely)
- 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas (2 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup of raisins (optional: I think I used close to 1 cup)
- dash of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease two loaf pans
- Mix flour, baking powder, soda and sugar
- Whisk eggs, oil & vanilla
- Stir eggs and flour mixture together. Add zucchini & bananas & raisins. Mixture will be lumpy.
- Bake for 45-50 mins or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.