Monday, October 11, 2010

Vintage Monday: Penguin baking soda holder


Like a model crazy bird lady, I love penguins.  Desperately.  When I was little, I would tell anyone who would listen how much I wanted a penguin and that if I had one, I would keep him in the refrigerator.  Well... my dreams have come true.  This little guy was spotted at Hog Wild Vintage, another great store at North Loop, and the best part is that he's actually supposed to live in the fridge! 

According to the directions, you pour in the baking soda and through the little holes in his back, it helps absorb odors and keep your fridge smelling fresh. (or at least not like Chinese food all the time)


I would've posted a picture of him in his new home in our fridge but found it much too incriminating.  I mean, I have a shelf just for chocolate...

3 comments:

  1. This is one million times better than the ugly box of baking soda I have sitting in my fridge. Plus, I think mine is well over a year old and not helping anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that is the cutest thing ever! I cannot believe you found something so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete