Monday, January 25, 2010

Vintage Monday: Franciscan Starburst


Today my finds come from the Austin Antique Mall! I didn't know that we had one so it was very exciting to discover it after living here for the past 7 years.

My experience at this antique mall was similar to my experiences at various others. It is very very crowded, packed to the brim with treasures, so much that it can be overwhelming. Some stalls were very neat and showcased their items beautifully, some were a jumble and made my eye start to twitch. All the pretty jewelry were locked away behind glass doors which takes away from the experience in my opinion but totally understandable. Price wise I thought things were on the expensive side though there were a few sales here and there (some booths up to 50% off as well).

Overall it's really interesting to see what items are considered collectible in different parts of the country. The Austin Antique Mall is definitely Texas/cowboy/cattle rancher themed. There were some great items though and I can't wait to go back and rummage on a regular basis!

I was able to score these Franciscan Starburst pieces from a store that was reorganizing (ie. a mess) so I got them for 50% off the listed price. This particular pattern is really popular on ebay so I don't think I'll be making a collection out of this pattern but I couldn't resist. Serving bowls are my weakness. As well as mugs with handles that look like big ears.






1 comment:

  1. Caelee / Los AngelesJuly 4, 2011 at 2:15 AM

    I'm drooling.. Gorgeous find!! I loooove the sugar & creamer set that landed me on this page.. I'm on the hunt for the perfect sugar bowl myself! Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete