You know my love for the Pioneer Woman. Well she has launched Tasty Kitchen where readers share their recipes and this is one of my favorites!
I especially love the hint on placing these wrapped goodies on a cooling rack with a foil lined pan underneath which will catch all the drippings while it bakes. In my case, after the first almost smoke alarm fiasco, I put down two layers of foil and took the first layer off after half of the cooking time so the juices didn't burn and smoke and create havoc everywhere. These are well worth the lingering smoke smell in my kitchen though. Enjoy!
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 can large chunk pineapple
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Set oven to 375F
- Cut bacon in half (I did thirds) and dredge through a shallow bowl full of brown sugar
- Place a chunk of pineapple on one end of the bacon, roll and secure with a toothpick
- Double line a pan with foil, place cooling rack on top and place the rolled pineapple chunks on the rack
- Bake 10 min then take out the first layer of foil with the dripped juices on it
- Bake another 10-15 min, you can set it on broil for the last 2 minutes or so (unless there is an alarming amount of smoke coming out from your oven. Then you should just open all the windows, hustle your puppies into their crates and turn on the oven vents and all fans in the house)
- Let cool for a few minutes and then serve!